Sunday, February 16, 2014

My Favorite Scripture

"For God has not given us a spirit of fearfulness, but one of power, love, and sound judgement."
-2 Timothy 1:7

Over the course of Basic training, this verse proved to be a constant source of strength and encouragement. Whenever faced with a new challenge, which was very frequent, I would silently quote  this verse to myself. It was just such a great reminder that we weren't created to live a life of fear. Rather, we should live each day courageously. Basic training, along with a little help from Scripture, helped to instill this value into me. Without it, I have no idea how I would weather all the different challenges I'm facing in my life today. I hope this verse proves to be as great of an encouragement to you as it has been for me. Be blessed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment