Monday, February 3, 2014

Radical Generosity

I'm not sure how everyone else feels about church, but I love going every Sunday. Personally, I wouldn't label myself as a deeply religious person, but there's something about going to a church that presents the Gospel as it's meant to be. Simple, enriching and wholesome. No theology. Whatsoever. Christian living was never meant to be complicated. Love others as you love yourself. Period. Anyways, this last Sunday, the sermon was brilliant. Worship is usually my favorite part of service, but every so often, I hear a message that just really stands out and outshines everything else. In his sermon, my pastor outlined three areas in a disciple's life that are needed to live abundantly, or with radical generosity as he called it. First, as disciples we must spend the TIME that we've been given wisely. Secondly, we must use the TALENT that has been bestowed upon us, and lastly, value the TREASURE that we've been blessed with.  As disciples, we're called to live abundantly. Humbly serving and always being thankful for the blessings bestowed upon us. If we really want to make an impact on this world and those around us, we first need to rearrange our lifestyles to match that Jesus would have us to live.    

No comments:

Post a Comment